Appendix F: How to Have a Discovery Bible Study Over Dinner
To have a Discovery Bible Study over dinner is very simple. Just follow the next steps and let everyone answer as he / she wants:
- Ask: What are you thankful for this week?
- Ask: What did you feel tense about this week? What do you need for things to go better?
- Ask: What is the need of the people in our community?
- Ask: How can we help each other with the needs that we have mentioned?
- Say: Let’s read a passage from the Bible.
Close the Bible and ask someone to tell the story in their own words.
- Ask: Do you agree with the story? Is there anything missing or added that does not belong? Let all agree on the narrative. If someone says something that was not in the scripture, ask: “Where have you found it in this section?” Read the passage again if necessary.
- Ask: What does this passage tell us about God?
- Ask: What does this passage learn us about man?
- Ask: If we believe this passage is from God, how must we change?
- Ask: With whom can you share what you have learned this week?
- Ask: Would you want to meet again and if so, when?